Welcome to my site! Please leave your pawprints in my guestbook.

Monday 29 October 2007

Grad students and Cats



While I was enjoying myself at that great party of Sassy's, SS found some more quotes in regard to graduate students (she is one!) and us feline. I have edited some of them but on the whole they seem pretty true. I should know, I have lived with one for years and I am a cat (surprise, surprise!).

They talk to you and you can't understand what they are saying.

They tend to run amok in the apartment/house for no apparent reason in short bursts of frenzy, followed by dormancy.

They can survive with a minimum of attention, but do like to be noticed and praised every so often.

They are creatures of the night.

They follow instructions if they feel like it.

Cats barf hairballs, grad students barf highballs (and any other drink they consume to excess).

Food, especially junk food, is very important to them.

They are both attracted to free food - contribution from Jimmy Joe

They love it if you feed them - contribution from Jimmy Joe

Sleep is also very important to them.

Both can sleep or otherwise ignore you while you are talking to them.

Both hide when something big and noisy (vacuum cleaner or supervisor) comes into their vicinity.

They can sleep just about anywhere.

They have their own set of morals.

They are both attracted to the computer (although cats mainly like it for the warmth).

They both get amazingly high on herb extracts.

They both represent anarchy in its most creative form

The idea of movement horrifies them.

They both tend to collapse in the middle of rooms: grad students due to exhaustion and/or frustration; cats due to a warm sunbeam.


Acknowledgement:
Harold Reynolds
Jon Martin
Bob Hankins

with some alteration and editing from MoMo the Cat and contributions from Jimmy Joe.

Clipart taken from http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/catstuff.htm

8 comments:

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, MoMo--that is uncanny (that's a word my momma likes to use). You know something else we have in common? We both like it when people give us food. Momma is always scrounging for events with free food. She has been shuffling papers around all day. I'm not sure if she has written anything or not, actually.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe
P.S. Those Australian animals are really cool!

Sassy Kat said...

Just touching base to make sure you got home OK from the party. I appreciate you traveling so far to come. As I mentioned before you were the first to arrive and I will have a post about you. If there is anything you would like me to mention let me know, also if you have any pictures of you that you want to share send them to me and I will post those too. You can e mail me at sassycatlittle@yahoo.com.

I am so glad you had fun at the party. I could tell that you did because whenever I would be around you you were doing it all. See you soon and take care.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Very astute observations, MoMo!

Juno said...

Momo!!! Momo here after a looong fun day/evening! :) I had a great time at my doggie friends' Halloween pawty as well as Sassy's place! I noticed that you needed to take a power nap behind the pumpkin men. :) You looked so cute when I took a peek.

Anyway this is another great post, Momo. My mom was saying 'oh yes, oh yes...' :)

Momo xoxo

Mr. Hendrix said...

ha ha ha that is very funny. my mommy knows people who went for their graduate degree and she totally agrees with this list.
it was great to see you at the party yesterday!

PS i'd never get you and momo doggie confused! i like to visit you both!

Daisy said...

I think I would get along well with a grad student!

Anonymous said...

Oh, we SO agree with every word of that! It's very clever. :)

Gretchen said...

I like this impression of cat and grad student. My mom bean is a novelist and it's pretty much the same as a grad student, I think.

Hugs...G